HOW TO FILE A COMPLAINT
Please read all of the following information before proceeding:
- By statute, the Department is not allowed to investigate an anonymous complaint. The statute also does not allow us to
investigate complaints that allege incidents which occurred more than 6 weeks prior to the report of the incidents.
- By submitting a complaint, you acknowledge that the information you submit is accurate. If a person knowingly
gives false information to Child Care Licensing for the purposes of changing the status of a child care license or certificate,
the person giving the false information may be guilty of a Class B Misdemeanor. This does not mean that it is
necessary for you to be able to "prove" that the allegation being made is true, only that you do not knowingly give false
information in your complaint.
- To report possible child abuse or neglect, please call the Child Abuse Intake Hotline at 1-855-323-3237.
To file a complaint:
CCL Contact Information
It is important for you to complete all sections of this form so your complaint can be fully evaluated. If a particular
section does not apply to your situation, enter "N/A" (not applicable) in the space.|
- Call Sue Kirkham, the CCL Complaint Investigator, at 801-707-4188 or call any CCL staff.
- Email Sue Kirkham, the Complaint Investigator, at email@example.com or email any CCL staff.
Once your complaint is reviewed, you may be contacted by someone from Child Care Licensing if more information is needed.
Instructions for filing a complaint can also be found in the How to File a