Child Care Licensing Committees
The Residential Child Care Licensing Advisory Committee
This committee was created by statute in Section 26-1-7 to advise the department on rules made by the Child Care Licensing Program. This committee is appointed by the executive director of the Department of Health. There are nine members appointed to this committee:
- Two child care consumers.
- Three licensed residential child care providers.
- One certified residential child care provider.
- One individual with expertise in early childhood development.
- Two health care providers.
The Child Care Center Licensing Committee
This committee was created by statute in Section 26-1-7 to make rules for child care center providers and to advise the department on the administration of matters affecting center based child care. This committee is apointed by the governor and confirmed by the senate. There are seven members appointed to this committee:
- Three members with at least five years of experience as an owner or director of a for profit or not-for-profit center based child care and who hold a current center child care license.
- One parent with a child in center based child care.
- One child development expert from the state system of higher education.
- One pediatrician licensed in the state.
- One architect licensed in the state.
These meetings are public and open to anyone who wants to attend. Child Care Licensing rules and issues
necessary to protect qualifying children's common needs for a safe and healthy environment are discussed at these meetings.
Anyone who needs special accommodations to attend or fully participate in this meeting should contact Jacqueline Macias at (801)273-2904 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in becoming a member of one of these committees, please contact Jacqueline Macias at (801)273-2904 or email@example.com.
CCL RESIDENTIAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CCL CENTER LICENSING COMMITTEE
Residential Advisory Committee Meetings:
Next Meeting: March 8, 2018Highland Plaza Bldg, 3760 S Highland Dr, SLC, Auditorium 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Center Committee Meetings:
Next Meeting: March 8, 2018Highland Plaza Bldg, 3760 S Highland Dr, SLC, Auditorium 10:30 am - 12:30 pm