How to SubmitBackground Check FormsONLINE SUBMISSION OF BACKGROUND CHECK FORMS
Background Check Forms must be submitted annually for each covered individual. Following are the steps for submission:
1. The covered individual 18 years old and older or the parent/guardian of a covered individual younger than 18 years old completes and submits
the Background Check Form to the provider.
To do this, the covered individual or the parent is to:
- Go to childcarelicensing.utah.gov, the Background Checks tab, and click "Background Check Form". (Be sure to be logged out of the Child Care Licensing Portal.)
- Complete and submit the Background Check Form to the provider. 2. The provider authorizes the Background Check Form through the Child Care Licensing Portal. Forms are not submitted to CCL until they are authorized. To do this, the provider is to:
- Go to careaboutchildcare.utah.gov and log in. The username is the provider's email address. When a password is needed, click "Reset your password" or "contact your local Care About Childcare Agency".
- Click "Providers" and then click "Child Care Licensing Portal".
- In the Child Care Licensing Portal, click "Background Checks".
- In the Pending Checks for Covered Individuals section, click "Authorize" after the name of the covered individual. 3. The provider or the covered individual pays the $18.00 background check fee and, when required, the $32.00 fingerprint processing fee. (Family, Friend & Neighbor providers are not required to pay the background check fee but are required to pay the fingerprint processing fee.) The provider or the covered individual is to choose any of the following payment methods:
- Make a secure online credit card payment by going to childcarelicensing.utah.gov and clicking "Payments". A $2.00 processing fee will be charged per transaction. Payments will be processed on the following CCL business day.
- Make a phone credit card payment by calling 801-374-7688, 801-273-2903, 801-273-6617, or 801-273-2904. Please leave a message if no one answers.
- Mail or hand-deliver a check or money order payable to the "Utah Department of Health" to a CCL office.
- Hand-deliver cash in the exact amount to a CCL office. 4. When required, the covered individual gets and submits fingerprints to CCL. (See the requirements listed on the Background Check form.) The covered individual is to go to one of the following locations: (Be sure to check the hours of operation for the chosen location.)
- a Care About Childcare Agency
- the Department of Health building located at 3760 S Highland Dr in Salt Lake City
- a police department, Public Safety building, or other agency that does fingerprints --When Live Scan (electronic) fingerprints are done, the technician is to call the CCL Background Checks Unit at 866-320-0513 for the required B-code. --When fingerprint cards are done, the cards are to be mailed or hand delivered to a CCL office. If you have questions or concerns regarding these steps, the Background Check Form, or the background check procedure, check the Frequently Asked Questions or call the Office of Background Processing & Security at 866-320-0513.
- LICENSING IS THE FOUNDATION FOR QUALITY!