How to SubmitBackground Check Forms,Fingerprints, & Fees
1. The covered individual 18 years old and older or the parent/guardian of a covered individual younger than 18 years old completes and submits
the Background Check Form to the provider.
To do this, the covered individual or the parent is to:
- Go to childcarelicensing.utah.gov, the Background Checks tab, and click "Background Check Form".
- Complete and submit the Background Check Form to the provider. 2. The provider authorizes the Background Check Form through the Child Care Licensing Portal. Forms are not submitted to CCL until they are authorized. To do this, the provider is to:
- Go to ccl.utah.gov and log in. For instructions to create a login, go to How to Create Your CCL Portal Login.
- Click "Background Checks".
- In the Pending Checks for Covered Individuals section, click "Authorize" after the name of the covered individual. 3. The provider ensures the required fees are paid.
- The $18.00 Background Check Fee is required for each covered individual EXCEPT for those associated with Family, Friend, & Neighbor Approvals.
- The $33.25 Fingerprint Fee is required for each covered individual required to submit fingerprints.
- The $12.00 Hard Copy Fingerprint Card Processing Fee is required for each submission of a hard copy fingerprint card.
- Make a secure online credit card payment by going to childcarelicensing.utah.gov and clicking "Payments". A $2.00 processing fee will be charged per transaction. Payments will be processed on the following CCL business day.
- Make a phone credit card payment by calling 801-374-7688, 801-273-2903, or 801-273-6617. Please leave a message if no one answers.
- Mail or hand-deliver a check or money order payable to the "Utah Department of Health" to a CCL office.
- Hand-deliver cash in the exact amount to a CCL office. 4. When required, the provider ensures fingerprints are submitted to CCL.
- When Live Scan (electronic) fingerprints will be done, the covered individual first completes a Live Scan Fingerprint Processing Form. Covered individuals involved with Alternative Care (Food Program) providers are to complete the Alternative Care/Food Program Live Scan Fingerprint Processing Form. Covered individuals involved with CCL providers (those regulated by Child Care Licensing) are to complete the Child Care Licensing (CCL) Live Scan Fingerprint Processing Form.
- The covered individual can go to a police department, a public safety building, or another Fingerprinting Location for fingerprints. (Be sure to check the hours of operation for the chosen location.) When Live Scan (electronic) fingerprints are done, the covered individual is to present a valid government-issued photo identification and give the completed Live Scan Fingerprinting Authorization Form to the technician. When fingerprint cards are done, the covered individual is to mail or hand deliver the card to a CCL office. If you have questions or concerns regarding these steps, the Background Check Form, or the background check procedure, call the Office of Background Processing & Security at 866-320-0513 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LICENSING IS THE FOUNDATION FOR QUALITY!