Welcome to the Utah Child Care Licensing Program!
Vision: Access to safe, healthy child care for Utah families.
Mission:To support working parents by protecting the health and safety of children in child care programs we oversee. This is accomplished by:
- Establishing and assessing health and safety standards.
- Training and supporting providers in meeting the established standards.
- Providing the public with accurate information about these child care programs.
LICENSING IS THE FOUNDATION FOR QUALITY!
WHAT'S NEW? ... AND MORE.
- Hard Copy Fingerprint Cards
- Effective Effective October 1, 2019, the Office of Background Processing and Security will not accept hard copy fingerprint cards. Fingerprints must be submitted via a LiveScan machine. The only exception to this will be when there is no LiveScan machine within 40 miles of the facility. When this is the case, hard copy fingerprint cards with the $12 per card fee can be submitted. This decision was made to reduce the risks of having an individual's confidential information sent through the mail and to improve the quality of fingerprints. LiveScan machines produce better quality fingerprints, which reduces the possibility of fingerprints being rejected and causing a delay in the background check process. There are numerous LiveScan machines throughout the state. A list can be found at Some Fingerprinting Locations.
- Live Scan Fingerprints at CCL South Region (Provo) Office
- From 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Live Scan fingerprints can be done at the CCL South Region Office in Prove. There is a $12 fee. A list of other locations can be found at Some Fingerprinting Locations.
- Improved Access to CCL Portal
- To improve accessibility to the Child Care Licensing (CCL) portal, streamline the portal services, and be in compliance with state security policies, the CCL portal is to be accessed through the Child Care Licensing Utah ID. The Care About Child Care (CAC) link does not work. For instructions to create a login, go to How to Create Your CCL Portal Login.
- Live Scan Fingerprint Processing Form Updates
- The form and some procedures for the form have been updated. This information was emailed to providers: The updated form can be found on the How to Submit Background Check Forms page. Covered Individuals are required to give the form to the technician doing the fingerprints but are no longer required to submit a copy of the completed form to CCL. Remember, there may be a fee for the fingerprints in addition to the CCL Fingerprint Processing fee.
- Inclined Sleepers - CPSC Recalls
- Please be sure the following recalled products are not being used: Fisher-Price Rock 'n Play Sleepers, Kids II Rocking Sleepers, Fisher-Price Ultra-Lite Day & Night Play Yards, and Eddie Bauer Slumber and Soothe Rock Bassinet & Disney Baby Doze and Dream Bassinet.
- Training Survey
- We would love your feedback to help us make our training as efficient and effective as possible. Your name and contact information are optional. To give us your input, please go to 2019 CCL Training Survey. Thank you!