Welcome to the Utah Child Care Licensing Program!
Vision: Access to safe, healthy child care for Utah families.
Mission:To support working parents by protecting the health and safety of children in child care programs we oversee. This is accomplished by:
- Establishing and assessing health and safety standards.
- Training and supporting providers in meeting the established standards.
- Providing the public with accurate information about these child care programs.
LICENSING IS THE FOUNDATION FOR QUALITY!
WHAT'S NEW? ... AND MORE.
- Measles Outbreak - Surgeon General's Video
- The office of the Assistant Secretary for Health released the following video regarding the measles outbreak occurring throughout the country: General Jerome Adams: Protect Against the Measles.
- Final Green Card
- Soon providers will receive their final green post card from Child Care Licensing. All mass communication will be done through email. Providers are to be sure Child Care Licensing has their current email so they receive all communications.
- Training Survey
- We would love your feedback to help us make our training as efficient and effective as possible. Your name and contact information are optional. To give us your input, please go to 2019 CCL Training Survey. Thank you!
- February 1, 2019 - Renewal Background Checks not Required
- Effective February 1, 2019, renewal background checks are not required. This is due to the full implementation of the FBI Next Generation fingerprint checks. In the near future, the Expiring and Expired Background Checks for Covered Individuals section of the Child Care Licensing Portal will be removed. For now, providers can ignore that section.
- January 1, 2019 - Fingerprint Processing Fee Change
- On January 1, 2019, the fees for FBI Next Generation fingerprint checks changed from $32.00 to $33.25. The annual background check fee of $18.00 did not change.
- Live Scan Fingerprinting Authorization Form
- Individuals getting Live Scan (electronic) fingerprints must complete the Live Scan Fingerprinting Form, give it to the technician, and then send it to Child Care Licensing. The form can be found on the How to Submit Background Check Forms, Fingerprints, & Fees page of the Child Care Licensing website.